by Tegan and Leah
Over the last few months the build up of stress has been strong in relation to exams.
Its GCSE time and at this time we and many of our friends are trying to get in revision, do our best at our exams and get through it.
What goes through our heads:
- We are worried about what will happen in the future and how our exam results will change our lives
- Revising- getting stressed, wondering whether we can do it or not
- Panic attacks – many young people at school freak out at exam time
- No social life!
- No sleep – someone even feel asleep in one exam
- Sometimes there are three different exams in one day; how on earth are you supposed to remember everything
- Sometimes I take Kalms to help me!
Exam time causes stress for young people – so what can you do?
- Take time out for yourself
- Drink plenty of water
- Take advice and get help if you feel stressed
- There’s support at school like student services, head of year or pastoral support, teachers
- Talk to family and friends
- Find study groups